Isn’t it just a royal pain, going blank while trying to write your resume?
You know that you’re hardworking, and able to bring loads of talent and dedication to any decent, reputable company. They’d be nuts not to hire you, right?
So how do you get all of this great stuff down on paper?
Let me just say, first off, that only you can list your unique achievements, things that no one else accomplished but you. Examples:
*Developed computer filing system that increased productivity by 23%
*Created Business Sense, a company newsletter featuring articles about accomplishments and company growth
But don’t grit your teeth just yet—what I’ve got here is a varied list of skills, talents and abilities that can be placed onto most resumes, no matter what position you’re applying for. I’m sure you’ll find at least 2-3, if not more, that you can use to spice up your own resume writing and greatly improve your job search results.
So go on and use whichever resume writing phrases & templates you feel that best describe you. Use them as is, reword them—make them work for you. And create that eye-catching, persuasive, interview-winning resume for yourself.
Greatest of luck to you in your job search, and never give up!
Resume Writing—Sample Phrases & Skills Templates
1. Able to bring productive energy, accuracy and enthusiasm to both individual and group projects
2. Friendly, positive disposition, able to converse with a pleasant and uplifting attitude
3. Persuasive demeanor, skilled at influencing the opinions & ideas of others and eventually convincing them to try or purchase a product or service
4. Effective contributor—capable of voicing opinions about ideas/projects and giving valuable input when needed
5. Always looking to work beyond any expectations and deliver exceptional results
6. Experienced at taking overwhelming, confusing situations and creating organization, efficiency and productivity
7. Effective manager—skilled at accomplishing projects by wisely delegating portions of workflow to those best able to complete certain tasks
8. Effective counselor/consultant—able to pinpoint needs of prospects/clients and give beneficial advice when needed
9. Quick and enthusiastic study—enjoy learning new skills and technology
10. Conveniently flexible—can easily adapt to any changes that may occur within an organization
11. Effective communicator—able to clearly relay information, both verbally and in writing
12. Able to analyze a problem/situation, and strategically plan to achieve the best possible solutions
13. Exceptional motivator, adept at inspiring others to do the best job possible
14. Highly creative, able to think of innovative ideas and solutions
15. Great problem-solver, able to outline specific, most cost-effective ways to reach a solution
16. Can successfully take a project from concept to completion
17. Persistent and hardworking—always striving to meet or exceed set goals
18. Able to prioritize and accomplish tasks in a sensible, productive order of importance
19. Expertise for functioning effectively in a team environment
20. Effective at leading other employees/team members towards achieving specific goals
21. Effective at making people feel at ease and comfortable about expressing their thoughts and opinions
22. Great listener—able to hear what customer/client is saying and trying to communicate
23. Skilled at handling multiple tasks smoothly and effectively
24. Exceptional interpersonal skills--capable of interacting with and working with a variety of personalities
25. Strong work ethic—always focused on accomplishing tasks/projects as smoothly & effectively as possible
Bonus: Strong sense of loyalty and commitment
"Kit has written my resume several times. Each time I have successfully landed a great job with the resume she writes. Her writing skills are second to none and I owe her many thanks for my career path."
— Sunile Manjee
Hired Kit as a Writer/Editor in 2008 and 2011
"She was very professional throughout the process. I would recommend her services to anyone
looking for high quality work for a reasonable price."
— Salman Budhwani
Hired Kit as a Writer/Editor in 2011
"Kit Samuels is an excellent resume writer-consultant. I employed Kit's service for a resume in 2010 and because of her. I received several job offers!! Her skills as a resume writer are spectacular. I
honestly think it was her skills and format presentations were critical for me landing my first job after retiring from active duty. I highly recommend Kit to anyone seeking a resume writer. I can
guarantee success at finding employment if using her service."
— Ulysses Hogan
Hired Kit as a Writer/Editor in 2010
"I have used Kit a few times on my resume! She helps you create it. She is amazing!!! I strongly recommend her. One of my favorite things about Kit is how personable she is. She went above and
beyond and if I ever need help with a resume in the future, she is my go to woman!"
— Daniel Bade
Hired Kit as a Writer/Editor in 2008 and 2010